Get a gorgeous smile with Invisalign, a state-of-the-art orthodontic system that’s the clear choice for millions.
To schedule an Invisalign consultation, please request your appointment online or call our office.
At Rector Family Dental & Orthodontics, everyone at our office believes orthodontic care is a journey that should be enjoyed. We promise to take excellent care of you. Ours is a family-friendly, patient-focused practice, where we provide the highest level of affordable care in a warm environment.
Having straighter teeth isn’t just about looking and feeling your confident best. When your teeth are straight, it’s a lot easier to keep them clean with regular brushing and flossing, and that means your risks of developing cavities and gum disease are reduced.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to move teeth into their correct positions over time, eliminating the need for wires and brackets. The Invisalign system has soared in popularity, thanks to these great benefits:
- The aligners are truly clear, which means they’re almost invisible while you’re wearing them
- You can take your aligners out to brush and floss, so caring for your teeth is a lot easier
- You remove the aligners for meals, which means you can eat whatever you like — even chewy bagels and corn on the cob!
- With Invisalign, there are no monthly tightenings; instead, you just swap out your aligners for the next set in the series
- You’ll have fewer office visits — most patients only need to see us about every eight weeks to check on their progress
- Some Invisalign treatments take less time compared to traditional braces; in fact, many patients complete treatment in 18 months or less
- There’s an Invisalign system designed especially for teens whose back molars haven’t come in yet
- Aligners are easy to care for with gentle brushing and optional soaking
A Custom Treatment, Just for You
Invisalign treatment begins with impressions, or molds of your teeth and your bite. These impressions are sent to a lab that specializes in Invisalign aligners. The impressions are scanned by a computer, which creates a series of images showing how your teeth need to move to come into alignment.
Then those images are used to create your custom aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for about one week before being exchanged for the next set in the series. The number of aligners you have will depend on your treatment, but most people have anywhere from 12 to 30 sets (and sometimes more).
With so many advantages over traditional braces, it’s easy to see why Invisalign is so popular. To learn more about the Invisalign system and whether it’s a good choice for helping you reach your goals, click here to request an appointment online or call our office.